Thursday, July 8, 2010

River Cabin


I was going back through some of my cards and came across this one. Sometimes I go back through my stash and say..."What was I thinking?" But when I saw this again, I couldn't help thinking what a wonderful company Stampscapes is! Where would I be without these amazing and realistic images that take you away to the vacation you wish you took last year??

I did use the tonal applicator on the edges of this card (I know the applicator brings up memories of endless tapping and unintended pear shapes!) but when done right...it's just looks like nothing else (you can see my yucky part in the upper right hand corner!)

Other than that, I used a sponge and inks from the Adirondack line to give impressions of color. You can't be precise with a sponge! I'm always careful to include white as one of my colors, and left it on the mountains and the cabin roof. I learned this from Kevin (creator of Stampscapes) and try to do this every time. If you haven't been to the website - you really must go...there are endless galleries, tutorials, and ideas that will entrance you for hours!

Products used

* Inkssentials Glossy Paper
* Various Cardstocks fished out of the bin!


Stampscapes Stamps
* Gulls - 302A
* Cattails - 016B
* Tonal Applicator 084E
* Cloud (Cumulus) - 018E
* Rocky Peaks - 188F
* Cabin with Fence - 144F
* Sedge Bank (left) - 234F


Inks (dye)
* Adirondack / Eggplant 
* Adirondack / Denim
* Adirondack / Slate
* Adirondack / Butterscotch
* Adirondack / Espresso
* Memories / Hunter Green

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Crafty Cath said...

Lizzy this is simply gorjusss! I've been out of the loop for most of July and just got around to checking out what you've been up to. You've captured a lovely mountain scene that I'd love to visit! I'd love to do this...