Thursday, June 10, 2010

Shoreline


As much as I love Stampscapes - I sometimes think that I'm making a class that has to top the last one with technique, bells and whistles! After chatting a while with Connie from Destination Marysville we decided to make her next class accessible to not only our much loved and loyal Stampscapers but hopefully another interested set of folks who just want to make some great nature cards or manly cards...Me Too!

But how do you do that?? I was stumped for a bit and came up with some truly ugly cards .... until I came across some inspiration! Hallelujah! The important point about inspiration is to Not copy the artwork of another card maker and take credit for it....you just need to get pushed in another direction so that you grow, learn and get some inspiration. So check out this inspiration card from Beate Johns who is Fabulous! Beate used an "encaustic technique" involving irons and wax crayons that I'm happily avoiding (too much work) but you definitely have to watch the video and add her blog to your google reader list!

What I loved about it was the Spellbinder frame, the pearls and the Single Stamp! Everyone's got one great tree stamp right?? The next step was to add a horizon without using wax! hmmm... I decided on makeup sponges and masking. Everyone has that too right??
Now I was cooking! A few more cards hit the trash...and then I was off and running! Thanks Beate!

Products Used!

Stampscapes: Oak Tree (Medium) 178E
Coredinations Cardstock / Mantis
Black Tie Bazzill Bling
12 x 12 Imaginisce "Exotic East" Simply Nirvana

Adirondack Inks: Caramel, Red Pepper, Meadow, Pitch Black

Pearls by KaiserCraft: Denium , Black


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

paula tracy williamson said...

Yeah...found the mojo eh!! Glad you're posting. This card and your crown mask one, with all the Tim Holtz, had me at Archivers last night...getting stuff!! I got the crown too. I loved your cards,and all the technique's in them. Have a nice weekend, will check out that calander now. :)